Friday 30 October 2009

Crailing Parish is mapped!

Ok here are today’s updates for the Roxburghshire census mapping project. Crailing parish, including Crailing village and Nisbet linked to Google maps and NLS website. Now starting work on Eckford parish. By the way If there is a particular place that you would like mapped just let know and I shall see what I can do.

Search our census transcription now!

Here are some statistics from our 1851 census (following on from my last post).

4886 people listed as a pauper

4973 people with a birthplace of Ireland

8002 people with a birthplace of England

Just thought somebody might find it interesting, I think I’ll move onto the 1861 next time but if there are any statistics you would like to know just ask and I’ll do my best to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment